ReaderMarija

ReaderMarija's Reviews

...a pot luck of thoughts and reflections

Resurrection
Rosemary Edmonds, Leo Tolstoy
Christmas Pudding and Pigeon Pie (Vintage Original)
Nancy Mitford
Tales of Glass Town, Angria, and Gondal: Selected Early Writings
On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God - Louise Rennison Oh, what’s the matter with that Georgia! How could she do that to the poor kid? Dave the Laugh’s the perfect guy… “Dave phoned. He said, ‘I just called to say I really liked you. Night night.’” I think that’s really cute. How could she not fall in love? Oh, I don’t know… but there’s definitely something off with that “Sex God” of hers. When I think about the two of them, that jailbait infatuation, it congers up an image of Gidget and the Kahuna. ;) But it’ll probably end the same way with Gidget getting her Moondoggie. But it’ll be fun to see how it’ll all play out.

But like in Angus, there are quite a few priceless gem moments:

“I hope I am not being driven to the brink of madness by grief. They say that some people never get over things, like whatshername, Kathy Thing. The one who wandered over the moors at night yelling, ‘Heathcliffe, Heathcliffe, it’s me a-Kathy come home again.’”

“I’ve spent so much time in bed I’ll probably start growing a long white beard soon, like Rip van Thing.”

“I could be like a sad old sadsack or I could gird my loins and be like in that song. The one where you have to search for the hero within yourself. Jas was waiting for me at the bus stop. She said, ‘Why are you walking in that stiff way?’ ‘I’m girding my loins.’ ‘Well, it looks painful, like you’ve got a stick up your bottom.’”